A collection of useful tools of getting into / playing with / create visual and animation works.
Visual Programming Environments
- vvvv – A visual patching language. Very powerful and free for private use. Recommended.
- Processing – Open Source development environment based on Java. Best for beginners!
VJ / Live Visual Tools
- Resolume – The most used VJ Software.
- Pikilipita VJ – A VJ Software for doing visuals at night clubs or at the metro with iPod on. Available for GBA, so also Nintendo DS. A version for GP32 is also available.
- Onyx VJ – Open-Source Tools for making visuals, based upone Adobe Flash. Highly recommended!.